French Language Teachers’ Training Programme in France - Summer 2013
French Embassy – Colombo, Sri Lanka Scholarships
French Language Teachers’ Training Programme in France
Formation continue pour les professeurs de français
Support the training of :
¤. French teachers of secondary schools and of
¤ Teachers attached to the Alliance française de Kotte à Colombo 7/Kandy/Matara-Galle/Jaffna
Allow good and motivated teachers to update their knowledge and skills of teaching French as a foreign language
To apply for this four week training programme in France, the teacher must:
a) Be a Sri Lankan citizen of age between 18 and 40 years.
b) Have at least DELF B2+/ Diplôme supérieur/ B.A. French (copy of the certificate required)
c) Have been teaching French in a secondary school/ Alliance française for at least 1 year (in the same school/AF)
d) Teach French on a full time basis (minimum 10 hours per week)
e) Not have participated in a French Embassy teacher training programme in France in the past 5 years.
The application file should contain the following documents:
i. Filled in application form with a passport size photograph (provided on page 3),
ii. Covering letter in French highlighting your personal initiatives and efforts in favour of the French language ,
iii. Updated C.V.
iv. Letter of recommendation from the Principal/ Head of school certifying the employment, employment details of the teacher [as mentioned in clause II. (c) and (d) above] and the grant of approval to travel in order to participate in the training programme if selected.
v. Copy of certificates/diplomas.
All selected applicants will be invited for an interview at the Cultural Service of the French Embassy in Colombo.
IV. The scholarship includes:
1. International air ticket Colombo-Paris-Colombo,
2. Training fees for a 4 week programme (20 hours/week),
3. Accommodation in a student hostel,
4. Food & travel allowance,
5. Transfer cost from Paris airport to the city of the training centre,
6. Cultural visits in the city of the training centre,
7. Formalities for obtaining a visa from the consulate of France in Colombo.
V. Conditions of participation:
1. The selected candidates will have to take the mandatory travel insurance on their own.
2. The selected candidates will be requested to provide a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner assuring the good state of health for travel.
3. No changes in the dates of travel and stay will be entertained.
4. The selected candidates must attend all the training sessions/classes organised in France.
5. In case of absence of the candidate from one or more sessions of the training programme, the candidate will not receive the certificate of completion of the training programme.
6. The selected candidates must be able to adjust to French food during the stay in France.
7. The selected candidates will be informed about their selection by mail on the 1st May 2013.
The last date of application: 1st April 2013
Number of scholarships available: 2
Bureau de Coopération Linguistique et Educative
c/o Cultural Service,
Embassy of France in Sri Lanka and Maldives
89, Rosmead Place,
Reference : Bourse de stage d’été en France 2013