LabCitoyen is back! Participate and win a trip to Paris ... Go ahead, think hard, Paris is waiting for your brilliant minds!
What is LabCitoyen 2018?
Designed by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Institut Français, in collaboration with La Maison des Cultures du Monde, LabCitoyen is an international youth forum that aims at promoting the French language as a tool for debate and action on the major issues of our time.
Young citizens from all over the world, winners of the LabCitoyen contest, will be invited to a 10 days trip in France and will participate to conferences, debates, cultural visits and workshops!
For this 7th edition, LabCitoyen will discuss “Education and Human Rights”/“Education et Droits de l’Homme ”, in recognition to the essential role of Education in the access, protection and development of Human Rights.
The contest: try your chance, it’s easy!
— > Step 1: Write down your thoughts on Education and Human Rights/Education et Droits de l’Homme
!!Essays in French, and no more than 500 words!!
Send your essay by 6th April 2018, in Word format, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some ideas for you to consider…
- Education and development: literacy, reducing inequalities, empowerment of women, strengthening social cohesion.
- Education to the Human Rights: struggling against racism, for gender equality, citizenship, children rights.
- Education and access to employment: professional training, Francophonie, education for adults, social mobility.
— > Step 2: Five finalists will be invited to make a short oral presentation on Thursday 6th April 2018 at the Alliance Française de Kotte.
— > Step 3: The winner of the competition will be invited by the Embassy of France and the Institut Français, with the support of La Maison des Cultures du Monde, to a 10 days all-expenses-paid trip to Paris from 1st to 9th July 2018.
- Sri Lankan or Maldivian citizen
- Between 20 and 26 year-old-people
- With good proficiency in French (B1 level)
- Interested in Human rights
(experience in associative/civic/humanitarian work is a plus)
- Applications : 06.04.2018
- Interviews : 17.04.2018
- Trip in Paris : 01 to 09.07.2018