Program of “French Spring Festival” in Colombo
• Tuesday 18th June: French German Singing Competition.
4.30 pm at Sri Dharmaloka Convocation Hall, University of Kelaniya.
A dozen students will perform in French and German and demonstrate their talents.
• Friday 21st June: Fête de la musique
From 3 pm to 11pm at BMICH, Mihilaka Medura Open Space.
A day dedicated to all kinds of music and to all generations. An event for amateurs and professionals where several groups including Stigmata and Caravan Quartet will perform.
• Saturday 22nd June: Caravan Quartet Concert
9 pm at the Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel.
Inspiration from the greatest jazz classics, and the strains of gypsy and Cuban music.
• Monday 24th to Saturday 29th June: French street artist performance
June 29th, 6 pm, Opening at BMICH.
This street art artist will create magic with colors on a wall reserved for him at the BMICH.
• Saturday 29th June: Fashion Design Performance by Deneth
6 pm at BMICH.
When Deneth is inspired by Da Cruz’ s graffiti, it results in an amazing collection that you will discover on this occasion.
• From Monday 1st to Sunday 14th July: “Bon Appétit!” gastronomic French festival
At the Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel.
Two weeks to discover gastronomy from the south of France in the company of an experienced French Chef.
• Tuesday 2nd July: Book Launch “The Bonsoir Diaries” by Kumar de Silva
6.30 pm at BCIS-BMICH.
The launch of a ‘diary’ full of anecdotes and nostalgia which reveals everything you never saw on your favourite Franco-Sri Lankan television show : “Bonsoir!”
• Thursday 4th July: Documentary film “A Thirsty World” by Yann Arthus-Bertrand
6 pm at BCIS-BMICH.
An in-depth movie on the issue of water.
• Thursday 4th July: Symposium on Urban Development
From 9 am to 5pm at BCIS-BMICH.
Organised in partnership with the Sri Lanka France Business Council
• Friday 5th to Sunday 14th July: Scientific exhibition: “Water at the Heart of Science”.
At BCIS-BMICH, in the lobby and corridors.
An exhibition of the French Research Institute for Development aimed at raising public awareness on the importance of water, together with a presentation of the main activities of French Agency for Development (AFD) in Sri Lanka.
• Friday 5th July: “Hybride”, contemporary solo dance show by Céline Pradeu
7 pm at BMICH.
Original choreography, an amazing mix of contemporary dance and Bharata Natyam.
• Thursday 4th to Sunday 14th July: Photo Exhibition “From Mirissa to Bouzigues” by Seneka Abeyratne
At the Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel.
A Sri Lankan photographer explores similarities and contrasts in two coastal villages in France and Sri Lanka.
• Thursday 11th to Saturday 13th July: French Film Festival
4 pm and 6.30 pm at BCIS – BMICH.
Four recent French movies will be screened : “TheTree”, The Painting”, “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” and “The Minister”.
• Friday 23rd August: Book Launch and Conference “Ethnicity, Politics and Cinema in Sri Lanka” by Vilasnee Tampoe Hautin
Time and venue to be precised.
This conference and other events from the French Spring Festival will travel to other cities in the network of French Alliances (Jaffna, Kandy, Matara) during the second half of 2013. Dates and venues will be indicated as soon as they are confirmed.