The “Employee on Assignment” permit

You have been employed for at least three months by a company based abroad. You are eligible to apply for this permit, valid for an initial period of three years and renewable thereafter.

You can apply for this permit if you are:
- seconded to one of the company’s establishments in France or to another company within the same group.
- temporarily hired by a company based in France which is part of the same group as your employer.

In both cases, you need to provide evidence of a gross salary equal to 1.5 times the French minimum wage. After a continuous secondment of 6 months in France, your family members will be entitled to a Private and Family Life permit allowing them to seek employment.

Online 26/11/2008

top of the page