The "Scientific" permit

If you have a master’s degree or equivalent, you can come to France to carry out research or teaching activities.

You must prove your status as a researcher and the planned duration of your research work, and present a convention d’accueil (hosting agreement) from an accredited French research institution or teaching facility.

The permit will be issued to you by the Prefecture on presentation of the required long-stay visa and your hosting agreement, endorsed by the French Consulate in your country of origin.

For further information, please contact the Cultural and Cooperation Section

Online 24/11/2008

top of the page