VACANCY Assistant / Secretary
Assistant/Secretary, full-time employment at the Cultural and Cooperation Section, French Embassy in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Available on December 1st 2017.
Major duties and responsibilities
• Secretary to the Cultural Section (managing and transferring calls, registering and distribution official letters, filing/archiving all official documents/files…)
• Assistant the Counsellor (organize his missions, meetings / appointments, maintaining calendars, day-to-day preparation of official letters/documents)
• Updating and maintaining list of invitees (art/cultural/humanitarian & Development sector), the contact database in coordination with the Chancellery section
• Work in coordination with the network of Alliance Française (administration & cultural) and various partners in the field of education and culture
• Preparing receptions/events/festivals (list of invitees, preparing and sending invitation cards)
• For Cultural section/Alliance Française/French School: requesting and following-up of the staff’s visas, doing the clearance of goods in coordination with the relevant authorities and technical services
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have at least a degree from a recognized institution in related academic areas; practical experience in a similar position; experience with local administration appreciated; advanced knowledge in French language (level not lower than DELF B2); proficiency in oral and written English, Sinhala is a must; excellent computer knowledge including Word processing, Power Point and Spreadsheet programs; ability to work autonomously; good organization and time management skills, tracking deadlines; willingness to take initiative; excellent teamwork skills.
How to apply
Please submit the Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter, and any other documentation that addresses the qualification requirements and professional experience before the 10th of November
by post: Embassy of France, P.O. Box 880, 89 Rosmead Place, Colombo 7
or remitted directly to Embassy of France, 89 Rosmead Place, Colombo 7
by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted documents will not be returned. You will be contacted ONLY if you are deemed qualified and invited for an interview.